Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Encaustic Painting - week 3

Lynda - Black Ink


Hi everyone. Here is the short list of what you need to bring tomorrow night:

- materials for collage - these can be anything, photos, beads, feathers, found objects
- if you bring 2 images to go on the panels you painted, I'll bring the glue. That is the next step. If you don't have the images yet, don't worry. I'll demonstrate and you can sort out what I'm asking for next week.
- the usual encaustic bits - encaustic, pigments, brushes, tins, heat surface, torch, wood (or other substrate) to work on

Barbara, if you have your wood (enough 1x2 to go around both panels), bring your panels and saw and we'll cut the 1x2 and glue it to the panels. You'll need wood glue also. I use Titebond, I think. I'll bring a strap clamp. If you have one bring it and you'll have time to put both panels together. We can sort this out next week if you'd rather.

Krissy, drywall?

Elizabeth, I'll have your panels. I'll bring the white acrylic. You may paint the panels in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment